The proposed amendments to the Cannabis for Private Purposes bill that seeks to further decriminalise cannabis usage and legalise South…
A growing demand for easy living among SA’s mature population sees affordable and secure apartment living in lifestyle retirement villages becoming increasingly sought-after
Lock-up-and-go living is no longer just for the young and trendy. According to Phil Wilson of Evergreen Lifestyle, they have seen a growing demand for more affordable retirement accommodation along with lower maintenance lock-up-and-go living, and this has seen the company introduce hotel-style suites at their retirement villages in Cape Town and Johannesburg. “In doing so, we offer residents all the benefits of living within one of our large and well-established retirement villages, along with the convenience, security, ease and affordability of apartment living,” he says.
Change is always challenging, and the prospect of a significant change in lifestyle late in life can be particularly traumatic if it involves leaving a much-loved family home or relocating to a new area. But opting for one of Evergreen’s modern, stylish suites need not mean compromising on quality of life. Residents can enjoy a stress-free retirement lifestyle second to none, free from the burdens of a larger home. “They can walk in our expansive gardens, work out in the gym, dine in our on-site bistro or even have meals delivered to their apartments – a bit like room service in a hotel,” said Wilson
There are many advantages to apartment-style retirement accommodation. These include:
- Affordability and value for money: With one-bedroom units at Broadacres available from just R900,000, retirement suites are ideal for single buyers or those retiring on modest pensions.
- Cost efficiency and savings: Moving into a new energy-efficient apartment that has been ergonomically designed to maximise space and light will save on utility bills.
- Financial peace of mind: Economies of scale mean that levies are transparent and affordable.
- Lock-up-and-go convenience: Ideal for those who like to travel, or to visit family and friends abroad.
- Personal safety and security: Evergreen’s state-of-the-art security systems include access control, electrified fencing, CCTV surveillance and around-the-clock foot and bike patrols.
- Superior health care: This includes discreet home-based health care, regular health and wellness clinics, medical emergency assistance, palliative, frail and dementia care, occupational and physiotherapy and more. Evergreen offers both independent and assisted living suites.
- A stress-free lifestyle: Residents are free from managing the burdens that come with owning a large freestanding property – such as maintenance and repairs, security, gardening and insurance.
- Resort-style living: Residents have access to all village amenities – lifestyle centres with reading rooms and TV lounges, well-stocked libraries and games rooms, hair and beauty salons, fully equipped gyms, indoor heated pools and beautifully landscaped gardens dotted with pathways and ponds.
- Social connectedness: Residents enjoy a sense of belonging as part of a community of socially active retirees who meet regularly to play bridge, canasta, pool or boules; attend exercise classes; watch televised sports events and the like.
- High-speed internet connection: Suites are fitted with fibre to the home so you can livestream from Netflix and stay connected with family via email and Skype.
“Retirement villages should never be viewed as a lifestyle compromise. Instead, it is a golden opportunity to explore new hobbies, make new friends and experience the conviviality of a village lifestyle,” says Wilson.”Apartment living in one of our luxury estates puts this well within reach of retirees who might only have a modest retirement nest egg.”
Evergreen Broadacres in the leafy northern suburbs of Johannesburg is one of the group’s most popular retirement villages. The first development phase at Broadacres saw the construction of 130 freestanding houses, which are all sold out. A selection of move-in ready hotel-style suites are now available from R900,000.
Evergreen Noordhoek sits at the southern tip of one of the most beautiful stretches of road in the world, on 16ha of gently sloping north-facing land overlooking the majestic Noordhoek Valley. Houses within this prestigious retirement village have always been in high demand, hence the recent introduction of 96 luxury hotel-style suites. Built over three floors, elevated above the village and backing onto the adjacent hilltop, these suites offer spectacular sea and mountain views. Spacious and modern two-bedroom, two-bathroom suites, all with large balconies, are currently available from R2.5m. Both villages have beautiful lush gardens and state-of-the-art lifestyle centres, so residents have access to world-class health care, five-star hospitality and resort-style facilities including upmarket restaurants and coffee bars, TV and reading lounges, entertainment areas and games rooms, well-stocked libraries, hair and beauty salons, fully equipped gyms and indoor heated pools.
INNOVATE MARKET LEADERSHIP
Innovation has always been part of the Evergreen DNA. The group was instrumental in pioneering life right – widely popular in developed countries such as the US, UK, Australia and New Zealand – in SA at a time when retirement accommodation was either rented out or sold on a freehold or sectional title basis. They were the first developer to design and build retirement villages that offered designer homes and the kind of resort-style facilities one might expect from a luxury hotel or residential estate. And they were the first company to introduce a hospitality-based service culture, with hotel-trained village managers, concierge, personal shopping and tour planning services, professional chefs, fitness instructors, dieticians, beauticians and hairdressers, physio and occupational therapists, social and welfare counsellors and the like.
GET IN TOUCH
Upcoming sales events:
Evergreen Muizenberg May 27 at 2pm
Evergreen Noordhoek June 3 at 10am
Evergreen Broadacres June 9 at 10am
To book your place or find out more about Evergreen’s luxury retirement suites,
call Sharon on 087 808 7000,
Syndicated content from Everything Property