The proposed amendments to the Cannabis for Private Purposes bill that seeks to further decriminalise cannabis usage and legalise South…
Autodesk, software engineers in the make/build environment, has catered to customer demand with the introduction of its Revit® building design software 2022 upgrades. Distributed across sub-Saharan Africa by WorldsView, the upgraded software incorporates no less than 35+ new features and improvements, and includes bug fixes and performance refinement.
Among the benefits of this latest upgrade are better interoperability, boosted efficiency and accurate document production. The software also delivers on many user-requested features, which came about because of numerous architects’ requests during mid-2020.
Highlights of Revit 2022 include:
- Interoperability improvements: Connect form making to documentation with improved Revit interoperability for tools like Rhino and FormIt Pro. Improved interoperability makes it easier to work with models in both Revit and FormIt. Geometry shared between applications has been updated so it has a more consistent appearance.
- Shared parameters in key schedules: Use shared parameters in key schedules to drive geometry and control visibility of model elements within Revit families. Shared instance parameters associated with categories now appear as available fields when creating a key schedule for that category, and can be added to the category, creating a key schedule. The use of shared parameters in key schedules allows the possibility of a key schedule to drive geometry or control visibility in families.
- Improved rebar modelling: Model faster, more accurately and with greater precision when placing and manipulating rebar elements. Control individual bars in selected rebar sets and reinforcement systems to avoid clashes and maintain system logic. Removed bars do not appear in any views and are not counted in schedules. Several rebar sets, path reinforcement systems, or area reinforcement systems can be edited at the same time.
- Tapered walls: Model and modify wall profiles with greater control for sloped and tapered walls. Create wall types with a variable-width layer to enable tapered faces. Define taper angles and override them when needed using instance properties for individual walls.
- Native PDF export: Share files easily with export and batch export of Revit views and sheets to 2D PDF files with user-defined naming rules. Export views and sheets directly from Revit to PDF files, and export single PDF files or combine selected views and sheets into one PDF file.
- Improved documentation efficiency: Improvements to scheduling and annotation tools make it easier to capture and communicate design intent.
- Dynamo for Revit 2.10: The latest release supports Python 3, introduces Node AutoComplete, improves node performance and includes new training resources. 67 new Dynamo nodes are available in several categories, allowing users to easily manipulate Revit element functions.
- Generative design: Available with AEC Collection. With the 2022 release, all improvements from the past several 2021 Generative Design updates are integrated into Revit. Enhancements include new sample studies, better file handling, and streamlined tools for Dynamo.
“This is only the surface of what Revit 2022 has to offer,” points out WorldsView Infrastructure Segment Marketing Manager Chelsey Turner. “The fact that Autodesk acted on information from architects and incorporated software that makes their jobs easier and faster, without compromising quality, ranks Revit 2022 among the leaders of software for architecture.”
WorldsView is Autodesk’s value-added distributor across southern Africa.