The proposed amendments to the Cannabis for Private Purposes bill that seeks to further decriminalise cannabis usage and legalise South…
It’s time to pamper yourself.
Yes, you heard right… It’s never been more important to take care of yourself and make sure you feel good, both mentally and physically. And this is where creating a nurturing bedroom comes in.
As it’s where you spend a third of your time, your bedroom should provide an escape from the world, a place where you can recharge and refresh. After all, good health and wellbeing start with a good night’s sleep. And if there’s anything worth investing in, it’s yourself.
Not sure where to begin? Not to worry, the Volpes team is here to help. To inspire you, we’ve rounded up some of the latest global trends for the upcoming summer months.
BRING THE OUTSIDE IN
Being inside for so long has left us all craving for a connection to nature. Satisfy this desire for everything natural with leaf prints, bird motifs and, of course, florals in different patterns and styles that will always provide the feel-good factor. The easiest way to introduce this trend is through a new duvet set featuring these motifs. Complement the back-to-nature theme by including accessories in colours such as earthy clay and golden honey and furniture in wood and wicker
COLOUR YOUR WORLD
Colour and pattern are trending globally. Colour is known to affect our moods, so to establish a soothing atmosphere in your bedroom, look for bedlinen in calming pastels such as duck-egg blues, aquas, soft greens and greys and naturals in both patterns and plains. Add colourful accents with cosy throws, blankets, scatter cushions and rugs.
THE BEAUTY IN IMPERFECTION
There’s a lot of emphasis on authenticity, a philosophy that the Japanese refer to as wabi-sabi: embracing beauty in imperfection. And our natural washed cotton bed linen reflects this perfectly. Ideal for a minimalist, contemporary casual style, the soft crumpled texture is inviting and adds to the beauty and comfort of your bedroom. You can wash our Washed Cotton range in the usual way, but it doesn’t need ironing to keep its naturally lived-in looks and feel.
IT’S IN THE TOUCH
When decorating a room, the texture is just as important as colour. In a bedroom, you want to touch and interact with the bedlinen and stroke the throw – think gorgeous weaves, quilting, fringing, embroidery, and pintucks. By including contrasting textures, for example, rough against smooth, you can create the feeling of luxury and comfort and bring a plan to life. This is also a great tip to take into consideration when choosing curtains and rugs.
THE COMFORT OF QUILT
Global uncertainty has resulted in a worldwide desire for the comfort of the familiar. And what could be more comforting and nostalgic than a quilt? Just wrapping yourself in a reminiscent quilt set from grandma makes you feel safe and secure. The good news is that there’s no need to get out the needle and thread. Volpes stocks a wide range of quilt sets in patterns and plains, as well as comforters that are all designed to live happily in contemporary and romantic bedrooms.
There’s nothing like slipping between crisp white cotton sheets to make you feel good. Natural fibres, such as cotton, are breathable, keeping you cool in summer and warm in winter. It’s worth investing in good quality bedlinen like Volpes luxurious 600 thread count Egyptian cotton, as it’s extra soft and lasts twice as long. It’s also the basis of another look that will never go out of style – the all-white bedroom. For summer, give your bedroom a laid-back island style with gorgeous white bedlinen, woven lampshades and light fittings, a wooden or wicker headboard and chair, lots of baskets and indoor plants. Talk about holiday-ing at home!
For your bedroom to look complete, it needs a headboard. Not only does a headboard protect the wall and keep the pillows in place, but it also gives the room a focal point, something to draw the eye and make a statement. Wooden headboards such as Volpes’ Sari Teak headboard will suit most bedroom schemes but for a more glamorous look, opt for one with a padded or buttoned finish.
VOLPES QUICK BEDROOM FIXES
- Decluttering your bedroom and giving it a good spring clean will do wonders. A messy bedroom is not conducive to relaxation. Clear out the drawers in the bedside pedestal and vacuum or steam clean the mattress, headboard, base and the floor under the bed.
- Refresh a tired scheme with a new duvet cover and pillow slips. All it takes is a shopping trip. Our wide range of new colours and designs means that you’ll find the perfect one for you.
- Make your bed look more comfortable and inviting with a throw in a gorgeous colour that complements the rest of the room. You’ll be amazed at the difference a small change like this can make. Throws are also great for snuggling under for an afternoon nap. And yes, napping is good for you.
- Introduce new bedside lights for an instant update.
- Indoor plants have made a huge comeback, so include a couple in your bedroom. They add a pop of fresh green, release oxygen and remove toxins from the air creating a healthy environment. Choose greenery that suites the light conditions in your bedroom, dust the leaves and water them regularly, and they will give you years of pleasure. Don’t have green fingers? Go for the faux versions.
- Up the cosy factor with one of our new area rugs for a touch of warmth, colour and texture.
COMFORT AND HYGIENE
Trends and decor aside, a bedroom should always be clean and hygienic. Use a washable mattress protector to keep dust mites and skin cells from migrating to the mattress for peace of mind. Add a mattress topper and protect the base with a base cover or night frill for extra softness.
To get the best night’s sleep possible, choose duvets and pillows that suit your needs. Our duvet inners and pillows come in duck down, feathers and synthetic microfibres. Keep your pillows cleaner for longer with a pillow protector.
Syndicated content from Everything Property